Wednesday, April 4, 2018

April Update

hey all,

Lots of news. After my previous school bit the dust, I have finally found another job at a different company. It is a much larger company than I have worked at before, which has taken some getting used to.

I stopped working on Particularly Wavy for a few weeks and tried to get more work done on the item and questing systems for my RPG dream project. There are still quite a few issues to iron out and develop, but overall I think it was time well spent. I have since then resumed work on Particularly Wavy, and have got an Android version up and running, and gotten the puzzle count up to 65+!

I also tried to develop another game for a game jam about destruction, but I was not able to make the deadline and I'd say that the game is more or less dead on its feet. I wanted to make a game about being a frost giant in a frozen wasteland who pees and snow structures to destroy them, but I was unable to get some nice procedurally generated meshes working. I was able to generate some images using metaballs, cellular automata and Perlin noise, but I just couldn't get the fucking meshes to work correctly.

Besides, all of that, I've been playing through The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt for a second time in order to write a game analysis of it. I've also started Antichamber, and heaven forbid, I actually downloaded another fucking Ubisoft game: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands, which is somehow simultaneously a technical marvel and almost the most boring open world sandbox third person shooter ever developed.

I hope to get these posts back on their regular schedule starting this week.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment