Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Future

The last week has been draining. No word from the company that was supposedly so interested in my digestion game.

Instead, I've been working on a coding test for a startup company that plans on making a SF RPG game. It is only a part-time job and sounds really cool, but it is crowd-funded. That means they will be asking people to make donations, and if enough people make donations to support development, then development will begin in earnest. However, their crowd-funding campaign will not begin until 2018, which means that I could potential spend 480 hours (6 months X 4 weeks X 20  hours per week) coding and developing the backend of their RPG without ever seeing a penny. Of course, just completing the coding test I learned a lot and refined some of the tools in my limited programmer's tool box, and I only spent about 20 hours on it, so 480 hours could take me to a whole new level of competence. In any case, it has been really fun working on the coding test, and even if I don't receive the position, I am thinking that I will still be able to use that code for my own projects.

In the meantime, I think I will go back to some of my other small projects like my plants evolution game.

No comments:

Post a Comment