Friday, August 17, 2018

Calendar and Day Cycle Updates, Back into Game Jams

Hey all,

So I am still hard at work on on my calendar and day/night cycle editor systems. I have most of the basic functionality working as I want now, and I have added a lot of sanity checks to help prevent myself or others from creating weird dates and times, such as months or time periods with negative lengths, or adding time periods with the same name (you can't have two Junes).

Besides that project, I've got a couple others either out now or in the pipeline. Just this week, I completed an extremely small project for the Shadow Game Jam. I'm planning on updating it with some more sounds effects and some slightly improved controls and graphics, but my main "stretch goal" is to get elliptical orbits working.

I also have another shadow-themed game which Michi came up with the idea for after asking me about the first game. That project is still in its extremely early stages, but I think it could be really interesting.

That's all for now, but I'll make sure to keep everyone update.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment