Thursday, July 20, 2017

Game Jam Work

hey all,

I've been hard at work on those next two game jam games. One is a puzzle game utilizing the physics of light, and the second is a survival day about staying alive on a desert planet.

The first game has mostly working reflections, absorptions and refractions as tools the player can use to try to get the correct wavelength of light to hit the target area. I would like to add diffraction, but we will see, as I am not actually sure how to use diffraction, for example, as a way to redirect light, or change the color of it.

The second game is barely started. I have a terrain which I have based on heightmap data of the Sahara Desert, and which I have textured as sand...and that's about it. I spent this morning doing research about how activity level and temperature affect the body's need for water, and I've got some relatively simple equations to help model it.

Why two at once you may ask? Well, the game jam for the light game started last week and continues until August 9th, while the survival game jam started today and continues until August 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment