Wednesday, November 8, 2017

All Work and No Play...

hey all,

Yes, I'm still hard at work on Particularly Wavy. In the last week I have designed six new puzzles, many of which utilize the mechanics I've been describing in the last several blog posts. I hope to publish the game very soon, but I will continue to work on adding more puzzles over the next few weeks.

In addition to adding more content to the game, I've now implemented rudimentary scoring mechanics and, yes, have found and fixed even more bugs with my refraction calculations. Above a particular angle between the surface normal and the light vector (if you understand that phrase, then you already know what is coming next), the light will be reflected inside the prism instead of exiting it. This requires a different kind of calculation, and basically just re-complicated my refraction code that I had spent so many days simplifying. In any case, it seems to be working nicely, and without hogging too many system resources.

But don't get the idea that I am chained in front of my computer all day every day, slaving away at this game. I'm still enjoying playing video games that others have slaved over, such Total War: Warhammer, The Banner Saga, and Duskers. I'm pulling up to the 200 hour mark for Total War: Warhammer, and there are still two factions (Beastmen and Brettonia, plus another DLC I don't have yet for Norsca) that I haven't played, as well as two special campaign maps that I haven't done yet. And then there are still several games that I purchased months or years ago that I haven't gotten around to playing, like SpellForce 2, King of Dragon Pass, Democracy, and Crusader Kings II. And my wife and I are still planning trips to take in the near future, so we will be getting out and about and exploring this planet of ours.

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment