Thursday, March 23, 2017

Digestion Game Work

hey all,

So for the last week I have been hard at work going back to my game about the human digestive system. I've been mostly trying to fix the problems with the mouth level and small intestine level, such as the performance when lots of nutrients build up in the small intestines, or the complexity of the controls for the mouth, or the fact that food and food pieces seem to be able to go where ever they want to, even inside your tongue or brain sometimes.

The performance issues, in the small intestine level at least, are cleared up, I believe, but I am going to add back some of the features that I cut in order to test which ones were the real problem. For the mouth level, I am thinking of combining the epiglottis and tongue into one controller action, which will make swallowing food much easier. It will, however, remove some of the possibility of choking.

I've also redesigned the positioning of the epiglottis, larynx and esophagus to more closely match human anatomy. This also should reduce some of the possibility of choking, since I think it was a little too easy to choke before.

Part of the feedback I got from the interested company was that the basic levels did not have tutorials of any kind in them, so I am also at work on some flashing messages that will tell the player what the goal for each level is.


No comments:

Post a Comment